Wilbur Charter prides itself on being more than a school: We are a community of families and educators committed to providing our children with the highest quality of education. Friends of Wilbur (FOW) is the “booster” club that raises funds for Wilbur. We are a parent-run, all-volunteer, not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization. Thanks to the hard work of our Wilbur teachers and staff, combined with generous contributions of time and money from parents, FOW delivers an enriched elementary school experience beyond what LAUSD provides.
The “I WILBUR” pledge drive is FOW’s biggest annual fundraising event and enables us to continue supporting the Wilbur programs and services listed below.
FOW-Funded Programs and Services
FOW’s estimated budget for the 2019/2020 school year is $222,833. Here is what FOW funds:
- Full Time Music Teacher
- Full Time Health Care Aide
- Teacher and Staff Services Including Copy Center
- Teacher Appreciation Luncheon, Hospitality
- Full Time Art Teacher
- Full Time Computer Lab and Instruction
- Field Trip Buses and Assemblies
Installment Plans Available
One of the easiest ways to contribute to the “I WILBUR” pledge drive is to set up an easy installment plan at www.friendsofwilbur.com. Click “DONATE NOW” and pay in full or create your own customized payment plan.
I Wilbur Fundraising Goal
The goal of the “I WILBUR” pledge drive is to raise $150,000, which is more than half of FOW’s estimated annual budget. Every dollar counts towards reaching this goal, so if you cannot give the suggested amount, gifts of any amount are appreciated, and all are tax-deductible. Imagine what we could do for our school if every family gave what they could!
Suggested family donations are as follows:
- $700 – Families with one child at Wilbur (can pay $70/month Aug – June)
- $1,200 – Families with two children at Wilbur (can pay $120/month Aug – June)
- $1,500 – Families with three+ children at Wilbur (can pay $150/month Aug – June)